At the end of July the Silverstone Classic Festival is taking place. This is a great day or weekend out for the whole family.
The Classic festival is an absolute must for any motorheads. However, you don’t need to be a car enthusiast to have a great day out.
Silverstone Classic is really geared towards families. There is plenty for everyone to see and do. It’s a bit of an annual tradition in my family. We used to go a lot when I was a child, then obviously I didn’t go for years while I lived in Aus (and then due to covid) but I am booked to go again this year and can’t wait!
The festival is running from 30 July – 1st August, you can camp and go for all 3 days or just for the day. I have only ever been for the day. However, I have detailed everything that is happening below so you can decide what is best for you.
- Wheel to Wheel Racing – Flat out track action with cars from across the last 100 years of motorsport.
- Car Club Classics – Over 130 car clubs are set to join the festival promising an incredible mix of displays.
- Live Performances – Friday performances include some cover and tribute bands. While Saturday hosts The Brand New Heavies and Aswad (remember them from the ’90s?!) There will also be a record-breaking stunt driver and rallying legends showing off their stuff.
- Vintage Funfair – You can expect your funfair faves to be here including the dodgems, a big wheel and the Big Apple coaster. There will also be some free football coaching sessions and crazy golf.
- Retail – There will be plenty of shops providing clothing, toys, art and motor memorabilia and more.
- Driving Experiences – A chance for all ages to get behind the wheel and enjoy some real or simulated driving.
- Auction – A two-day auction of classic and competition cars.
For more details on what is happening on specific days at Silverstone Classic and to book your tickets click here.
If you enjoyed this post then please show your support and consider buying me a coffee!