Last week I made this cheesy sausage & broccoli spaghetti from my HelloFresh delivery and it was amazing! I ordered it as I thought it would be a meal the boys would really enjoy (although probably with complaints about the broccoli!) but I was really surprised by how delicious it was myself! The boys did, in fact, enjoy it too so will definitely be ordering it again next time I see it on the menu.
This recipe does include chilli, I did put the suggested half in while cooking but I didn’t add any extras on top of the boys portions.
Here is the recipe for you to enjoy yourself. However, remember that if you sign up to HelloFresh yourself you get recipes similar to these along with all the ingredients to make it yourself! You can get 35% off your first 4 boxes by clicking here.
Cheesy Sausage & Broccoli Spaghetti
A favourite at the Fresh Farm, our take on this Italian classic is quick, colourful and packs a flavour punch. Using sausage meat instead of beef mince is a really easy way to reduce cooking time, with a sprinkling of chilli adding a delicious kick of flavour.
2 Cloves of Garlic
60g Cheddar Cheese
1 Red Chilli
400g Broccoli Florets
450g Pork Sausage Meat
400ml Water for the Sauce
2 Chicken Stock Cubes
300g Creme Fraiche
40g Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
If you like this post then check out my HelloFresh review here.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil on high heat with 0.5 tsp of salt. Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press). Grate the Cheddar. Halve the chilli lengthways, deseed then thinly slice. Cut any larger broccoli florets in half.
2. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large frying pan on medium-high heat. When hot add the sausage meat and fry until browned, 4-5 mins. Break it up with a spoon as it cooks. When brown add the broccoli florets, turn the heat down to medium and cook until the broccoli starts to soften, 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and half of the chilli (add less if you don’t like heat). Cook for a further minute.
3. Meanwhile, when the water is boiling, add the spaghetti. Cook until tender, 8 mins, then drain in a colander and pop back in the pan. Drizzle with oil and stir through to stop it from sticking together.
4. Add the water, chicken stock and the grated Cheddar to the pan with the sausage meat etc. Stir to melt in the cheese and bring to the boil. Add the creme fraiche and turn it down to a simmer. Cook until the broccoli is tender, 5-6 mins. Stir in half the hard Italian cheese.
5. When the sauce is ready, add the drained spaghetti to the frying pan and mix well to coat the spaghetti in the sauce, warm through until piping hot, 2-3 minutes. IMPORTANT: The sausage meat is cooked when no longer pink in the middle. Taste and add salt and pepper if you feel it needs it.
6. Share the spaghetti and sauce evenly between your bowls. Sprinkle over the remaining hard Italian cheese and the remaining sliced red chilli if you want a bit more of a kick. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe? Let me know what you thought in the comments below!
If you enjoyed this post then please show your support and consider buying me a coffee!